Pronunciation: \bə-ˈlēv\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): be·lieved; be·liev·ing
Etymology: Middle English beleven, from Old English belēfan, from be- + lȳfan, lēfan to allow, believe; akin to Old High German gilouben to believe, Old English lēof dear — more at love
Date: before 12th century
intransitive verb1 a : to have a firm religious faith b : to accept as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts>
2 : to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something <believe in fairies>
3 : to hold an opinion : think <I believe so>
2 : to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something <believe in fairies>
3 : to hold an opinion : think <I believe so>
Thanks Mr Webster!
Belief is a key theme in my life,so much so that I have a tattoo of the word believe
Without getting into a lot of detail or starting this blog off all melancholy and woe is me,
I've been through a lot..
Throughout a tough upbringing with many challenges to overcome,holding fast to my beliefs,having a vision and plan were even from a young age what got me through the darkness and into the sunshine I now enjoy.
but I'm not complaining,the scars of the past only remind me how beautiful today is .....
The embodiment of belief and my hero is none other than the most famous pixie of all...Tinkerbell!
Why?
Because without people believing in her she wouldn't exist..so the precocious pixie makes damn sure people believe!
Feisty,determined and armed with a generous sprinkling of Pixie dust and a firm conviction in the importance of believing, Tinkerbell achieves all she sets out to do,and captures people's hearts along the way.
Beliefs are important because they are the compass that guide our journey through life
They provide balance and equilibrium,remaining constant amid ever changing emotions,events and situations.
So whatever your dreams,hopes and aspirations are,always hold fast to your beliefs,they pave the way to your success...
If you want it to happen baby
Hold fast and believe
You can make it happen baby
You can be where u please
-Jill Scott-
Belief is a key theme in my life,so much so that I have a tattoo of the word believe
Without getting into a lot of detail or starting this blog off all melancholy and woe is me,
I've been through a lot..
Throughout a tough upbringing with many challenges to overcome,holding fast to my beliefs,having a vision and plan were even from a young age what got me through the darkness and into the sunshine I now enjoy.
but I'm not complaining,the scars of the past only remind me how beautiful today is .....
The embodiment of belief and my hero is none other than the most famous pixie of all...Tinkerbell!
Why?
Because without people believing in her she wouldn't exist..so the precocious pixie makes damn sure people believe!
Feisty,determined and armed with a generous sprinkling of Pixie dust and a firm conviction in the importance of believing, Tinkerbell achieves all she sets out to do,and captures people's hearts along the way.
Beliefs are important because they are the compass that guide our journey through life
They provide balance and equilibrium,remaining constant amid ever changing emotions,events and situations.
So whatever your dreams,hopes and aspirations are,always hold fast to your beliefs,they pave the way to your success...
If you want it to happen baby
Hold fast and believe
You can make it happen baby
You can be where u please
-Jill Scott-

No comments:
Post a Comment