Wednesday, August 25, 2010
set adrift on memory bliss.........or so says PM Dawn
As I stand on the precipice of my 30's about to turn 31 next week when I can no longer stake any claim on being a carefree twenty something pretty young thing ..
oh no
I'm now feet firmly planted in my 30's,a mere matter of months away from being a wifey,and already assuming the duties and responsibilities..
You know, like paying bills,making cut lunches and saying things like "I'll talk to my other half and see what we're doing" before committing myself to any of the extra curricular activities I would have been clamouring to organise a few years ago
I am old and well maybe ...kind of grown up......*gasp*
How the fuck did this happen?
So I'm kinda on an oldschool tip,kicking back thinking about how I used to be and reminiscing with a goofy grin on all the drunken nights,staying up late telling stories,lying in the grass staring at the sky,dubbing tapes off the radio,sighing over guys from the sidelines of the b-ball court antics of yesteryear..
and it all seems so sparkly,fun and uncomplicated
Was it really like that or has age played havoc on the dusty recesses of my mind making it all seem better??
Since I don't own a tardis or a delorian *sigh* I can't zoom back to nineteen ninety whenever so I guess I won't find out...but I'll take comfort in the fact that if I could find a tardis or delorian available for purchase I at least have a shot of affording it unlike the sky gazing tape dubbing days I remember so fondly...
every cloud has a silver lining and all that aye?
Oh well back to being a grown up I guess...even if it did seem to arrive too soon
sayonara and ....In the words of cypress hill one of my alltime odskool faves.....
when the shit goes down you better be ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment